Boys Basketball Program Head & Head Varsity Basketball Coach 2017-18
Boys Basketball Program Head and Head Varsity Coach
Year-long Commitment as Program Head with Winter Season Coaching Responsibilities
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for a boys basketball program head and head boys varsity basketball coach for the 2017-2018 school year. As boys basketball program head, this person will coordinate summer basketball camps in 2017. There will be hiring responsibilities in the fall. The basketball season begins on November 13, 2017 and concludes in early March 2018.
The boys basketball program head and head boys varsity basketball coach, reporting to the director of athletics, will join an athletics program that includes 23 varsity teams, most of which have both sub-varsity and middle-school counterparts. The boys basketball program generally includes three teams (Varsity, JV, and JVC) at the Upper School and at least one team at each grade level at the Middle School. This program head and head varsity coach is directly responsible for the coaching of the varsity team as well as oversight and coordination of the entire program. Specific responsibilities include:
• Compliance with all Lakeside School, Metro League, and WIAA policies and procedures;
• Supervision and instructions of boys basketball student-athletes during all team activities;
• Maintenance and inventory of boys basketball program equipment and apparel;
• Development of boys basketball practice and competition schedules;
• Management and oversight of the boys basketball budget;
• Hiring and evaluating all assistant and sub-varsity coaches;
• Management and supervision of the coaching staff;
• Management of the boys basketball summer camps and activities;
• Development of a long-term vision for the boys basketball program and the creation of a teaching curriculum (5-12 scope and sequence) to support that vision.
• Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes;
• Attendance at faculty meetings when out of season;
• Attendance at monthly program head meetings led by the director of athletics;
• Participation in ad hoc committees created by the director of athletics to serve the school;
• Attendance at monthly meetings with the director of athletics when out-of-season;
• Commitment to being a presence on campus out of season; and
• Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes.
Requirements and Qualifications
Successful candidates must be 21 years of age, possess a valid Washington State driver’s license, and be available for all practices and competitions from 3:00 pm during the week with additional availability on Saturdays. Experience coaching basketball at the club, high school, or college level is required. References should address the candidate’s ability to successfully instruct a wide range of student-athletes, work collaboratively with all constituencies related to an athletics program, and develop a basketball program. Additionally, candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and must possess, or obtain prior to their season, First Aid and CPR certifications.
Compensation and Benefits
Lakeside School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding coaching candidates who will add to the racial, cultural and gender diversity of our school community. We offer a stipend schedule that compares favorably with those of peer schools and clubs both locally and nationwide. Coaching stipends are paid in monthly installments during the primary competition season. Other benefits include Lakeside Athletics apparel and access to funds for professional development.
Lakeside School was founded in 1919, and currently enrolls 851 students in grades 5 through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The School’s Mission and the shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits needed to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via the online application located on Lakeside’s website (www.lakesideschool.org). From the home page choose About Us / Careers / View and Apply For Available Jobs. Questions about this position may be directed to Chris Hartley, director of athletics (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please DO NOT send resumes or cover letters directly to Chris Hartley.
Link for More Info
Back to Job Listing