To carry out the objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Principal/Athletic Director. To instruct participants in individual, group, and team techniques, tactics, and physical training necessary for the realization of success; to implement teaching and coaching philosophies consistent with the Sunnyside District mission statement.
• Possess current First Aid and CPR certificates and have an understanding of related preventative health and training standards.
• Previous coaching experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a positive, supportive manner with participants, parents, coaches, school administration and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to promote self-esteem of youth.
• Demonstrate knowledge of coaching techniques in the areas of skill development, strategy, and interpersonal team relations.
• Possess strong communication and organizational skills.
• Meet and maintain coaching standards as determined by the District and the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association.
•High School Diploma or GED required
•Valid Washington State Driver’s license
**Unless otherwise noted, position is open until filled.