Assistant Athletic Director
The Bush School
The Bush School is dedicated to inspiring curiosity, motivating employees to take risks, encouraging compassion and kindness and valuing different perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees enjoy an environment that inspires creativity and being part of a collaborative community.
The Bush School is in search of an individual to join our Athletic Department as Assistant Athletic Director. The Assistant Athletic Director will work as part of a team to create a positive, education-based athletic experience, which provides opportunities for continued physical, social and personal development.
A qualified candidate will be able to manage the key responsibilities and tasks as listed below:
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents/guardians, and Athletic staff
- Maintain and develop the Athletic Department sections of The Bush School website and The Bush School portal
- Oversee scheduling process for athletic competitions and events
- Manage transportation needs for off-campus athletic activities
- Book officials for home competitions
- Manage Athletic Department’s telephone function, forwarding calls as required
- Prepare and submit news, updates, and announcements for the Athletic Department
- Determine student-athlete’s participation, transfer and academic eligibility prior to start of each season
- Management and reporting of daily attendance, missing documents and/or information to coaches, parents/guardians, and student-athletes
- Assist Athletic Director with score/record keeping, and reports to league sport coordinators and media as needed
- Assist Athletic Director with gathering and entering mid-term and end of term comments for MS and US student-athletes
- Assist Athletic Director with communications with league, district, state, and media as needed
- Serve as member of The Bush School Booster Club, attend meetings and assists with planning of Booster Club sponsored events
- Supervise Fitness Center Supervisor and Athletic Department Assistant
- Control and coordinate athletic equipment, gear, and uniforms
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience – 2-3 years minimum preferred
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred; associate degree required
- Athletic Administration preferred
- Coaching experience preferred
- Highly organized, and attentive to detail
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respond in a timely and professional manner to supervision, directives, instructions, and unexpected circumstances
- Skill in the use of technology: including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a team – Athletic Department
How to apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements at www.bush.edu.
All applications are appreciated and reviewed, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Bush School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Bush School does not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admission or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, or genetic information. In addition, The Bush School does not discriminate in matters of employment based on the basis of age or marital status.
Link for More Info
Back to Job Listing