Chief Leschi Schools is seeking a head football coach to assume the responsibility for its football program. The head football coach is responsible for the organization and supervision of the high school football program including: budgeting, ordering, inventory, transportation, assistant coaches, player supervision, awards banquet, team rosters, player eligibility, and equipment repair.
1. Head coaching and/or assistant coaching experience.
2. A demonstrated ability to supervise and direct a football program which emphasizes high expectations, sportsmanship, and a dedication to excellence.
3. A demonstrated ability to implement a football program based upon knowledge, skills, techniques and strategies for offense, defense, and kicking game.
4. Develop in players at all levels the knowledge, skills and attitudes related to successful participation.
5. A demonstrated ability to utilize assistant coaches appropriately and effectively.
6. Provide an out of season weight training program.
7. Hold a valid first aid/CPR card.
8. Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training
9. USA Football Heads-Up tackling, blocking, and equipment fitting training or equivalent
10. Excellent moral character.
11. Success oriented, inspirational, dedicated to coaching.
12. Positive, enthusiastic leader committed to the development of a winning program and possessing excellent communication skills.
ABOUT CHIEF LESCHI SCHOOLS:
Formerly known as the Puyallup Tribal School, Chief Leschi Schools was founded in 1976 to address the high dropout rate of the youth of the Puyallup tribe. It is the largest of seven tribal schools in the state of Washington and one of approximately 200+ tribal schools in the United States. It is also one of the largest tribal schools to be funded by the Bureau of Indian Education.