Renton School District is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Football Coach.
This position is open to all individuals, including current employees. In the event the addition of this position to a currently held position results in overtime pay, the principal must authorize payment from his/her building. This opening is for coaching only and does not include a teaching position.
1. Hold a valid first aid/CPR/AED card. Certification must be obtained from a “hands-on” class (rather than online) in order to comply with Renton School District policies and procedures.
2. Minimum 21 years of age for head coach and 19 years of age for assistant coach.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of the above-mentioned sport.
4. Coaching experience preferred.
5. Demonstrated interest in and ability to work well with multicultural high school students, staff and community.
6. Willingness and ability to obtain Type II drivers license preferred.
7. All applicants are required to either:
Take the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching online course OR
Provide proof that you have taken the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching online course within the last 3 years OR
Provide proof that you have taken and successfully passed the ASEP Coaching Principals Course exam OR
Provide proof that you have attended ALL sessions of the WIAA Coaches School OR
Provide proof that you have attended ALL sessions of the WIAA Coaches School Express or other approved coaching clinic AND have earned enough hours elsewhere to fulfill WIAA requirements.
8. Upon hiring, must attend a "Heads Up Football" Player Safety Coaching Clinic.
9. Such alternative and/or additional requirements as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
All district coaches are required to complete online WIAA rules clinics prior to their first practice.
All district coaches are required to actively participate in the WIAA Coaches Standards Program.