Head Football Coach Position
Mercer Island HS
Mercer Island School District
4160 86th Ave. SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040
ATHLETIC POSITION OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
Head Coach Position: Football (Fall Sport) Salary: Per the Negotiated Agreement - 230 hours
1. Supports the high school in all of its athletic programs and demonstrates commitment to strengthen
relations with the educational system as well as the coaching profession.
2. Demonstrates loyalty and support the Athletic Director in conducting the athletic program of that
3. Knowledgeable and aware of rules and regulations concerning his/her sport.
4. Assumes any duties assigned to him/her by the Athletic Director pertaining to the overall athletic
program of that particular sport and assumes responsibilities of the head coach in the absence of the head
5. Assists and be accountable to the athletic director and principal.
6. Accompanies and directs the assigned team to all games and practices.
7. Holds a current first aid and CPR card.
8. Keeps current on all clock hours depending on coaching level.
_____9_. __E_x_e_m__p_l_i_fie__s_ g_o_o__d_ _s_p_o_r_t_s_m__a_n_s_h__ip_._ ________________________________________________________________________
1. Instructs students in the fundamentals of the sport s/he is coaching.
2. Maintains facilities and equipment.
3. Supervises team players at practice, contests, in locker room and during travel.
4. Promotes sportsmanship and fair play among all teams and players:
Always set a good example for participants and fans to follow, exemplifying the highest moral and ethical
behavior; Instruct participants in proper sportsmanship responsibilities and demand they make
sportsmanship a high priority; respect judgment of contest officials, abide by rules of the event and display
no behavior that could incite fans; treat opposing coaches, participants, fans and media members with
respect; develop and enforce penalties for participants who do not abide by sportsmanship standards; and
develop a method to publicly recognize good sportsmanship.
5. Reports contest results to League Statistician as directed.
High school diploma or equivalent Hold a current and valid First Aid and CPR card
Must be at least 21 years of age Prior coaching experience preferred
Visit the Mercer Island School District website at www.mercerislandschools.org and click on Job Opportunities.
You will be directed to the district’s online application where you will complete your profile and upload
documents, such as:
??letter of interest relating to your qualifications to the position
??letters of recommendation
If you need help with the online process please call (206) 236-3318 or use the district Job Kiosk in the district
office located at 4160 86th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040.
Rosie Burns, Director, Human Resources, 206-236-3318, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Jergens-Zmuda, Associate Principal/Athletic Director, 206-236-3386, mark.jergens-zmuda@
Link for More Info
Back to Job Listing