WIAA Announces April Executive Board Action Summary
RENTON, Wash. - The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association Executive Board held its April Board Meeting, Sunday and Monday, April 15 and 16.
During the meeting, the following action was taken:
- Approved the 2012-13 WIAA budget on second reading.
- Approved to host the 2013 and 2014 3A and 4A State Golf Championships in Vancouver, Wash.
- Approved the Yakima Valley SunDome as the site for the 2013 and 2014 1A and 2A State Basketball Championships.
- Approved a waiver of WIAA handbook 25.2.1 to allow WIAA District III to complete its 2A baseball playoffs on Monday, May 14, 2012.
- Elected Harlan Kredit as President and Ken Lindgren as Vice President of the WIAA Executive Board for the 2012-13 school year.
- Complete April Executive Board Meeting Minutes will be posted on the WIAA website, when available.
The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association exists to assist member schools in operating student programs that foster achievement, respect, equity, enthusiasm and excellence in a safe and organized environment.