The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee’s focus and desire is to recognize all differences by having an association that is encouraging and welcoming for all, and to embolden our membership and affiliates to embrace differences as strengths.
The mission of the WIAA is to provide excellent, fair, safe and accessible activities. We cannot serve our mission if the access is not truly equitable.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee will meet for the sole purpose of providing tangible action to support our membership, with emphasis on student equity, eliminating barriers for participation and providing more seats at the table.
We will facilitate uncomfortable yet critical conversations about inequality, injustice, and our own biases with the WIAA Executive Board, WIAA Staff and WIAA Membership.
- Representatives from each WIAA District
- McKinney Vento liaisons
- Social workers within schools
- Students at diverse schools
- Administrators with experience at diverse schools
- Mental health professionals
- Special Olympics/Unified Sports
- Native/Tribal communities
- Other communities of color
- Low-income communities
- Rural/farming communities
- Deaf & blind communities