The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association Hall of Fame is organized as a means of recognizing, preserving and promoting the heritage of interscholastic activities in Washington state.
Many individuals have made extraordinary contributions and have had superb accomplishments in high school sports and activities. The WIAA Hall of Fame honors the contributions and accomplishments of these individuals who are worthy of statewide recognition as examples of others to emulate.
2021 and 2022 WIAA Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
January 10, 2023
The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) has officially announced its inductees for the WIAA Hall of Fame classes of 2021 and 2022.
The two groups, consisting of a total of 11 new members, will be honored at the 2023 Hall of Fame Induction Luncheon at the Renton Pavilion Events Center on Wednesday, May 3rd. Tickets for the event will go on sale March 13th.
Class of 2021
- Administrator: Shelly Thiel (Athletic Director Enumclaw, District Director)
- Contributor: Marty Fortin (AWSP, Tournament Manager)
- Athlete: Tara Davis (Rainier Beach, UW - Soccer, Basketball, Track)
- Athlete: Eric Sandberg (Ferris HS, USC - Baseball, Basketball)
- Coach: Phil Lonborg (Timberline HS, River Ridge HS - Track & Field, XC, Bowling, Girls BB, Football)
Class of 2022
- Administrator: Dave Tikker (Athletic Director Spokane, WSSAAA Executive Director)
- Contributor: Dale Blair (Athletic Trainer, Wenatchee HS)
- Athlete: Jennifer Stinson-Greeny (Davenport HS, WSU - Volleyball, Basketball, Track)
- Athlete: Bruce Harrell (Garfield HS, UW - Football, Baseball, Wrestling)
- Coach: Suzanne Marble (La Conner - Volleyball)
- Official: Tim Stevens (Baseball, Football)
SAVE THE DATE: Wednesday, May 3rd 2023
Renton Pavilion Event Center
233 Burnett Avenue South
Renton, WA 98057
- 11:00am - Doors Open
- 12:00pm - Lunch
- 12:30pm - 2:00pm - Induction Ceremony
Candidates will be considered in all categories. Emphasis will be given to former students who have excelled in high school athletic and activity programs while demonstrating the qualities of good sportsmanship and leadership. The WIAA Hall Fame honors those who are products of WIAA member schools' programs.
- Fine Arts
For a nominee to be considered for the next class of inductees, a complete nomination must be submitted by September 30th annually. Inductees will be announced each January.
WIAA Assistant Executive Director
email@example.com - (425) 282-5234