Interns at the WIAA have the unique opportunity to gain first hand experience and knowledge regarding the management of state tournaments and special events. The WIAA provides interns with the ability to work closely with staff members, state athletic directors and tournament managers. In addition to working state events, interns will assist in the WIAA office to gain personal experience in website maintenance, social media/marketing, tournament preparation and publication development.
This internship opportunity is fitting for individuals who are looking to gain experience in the field of athletic event management and become more knowledgeable of athletic association work.
The WIAA accepts one intern each season (Fall, Winter, Spring).
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year institution
- Seeking a career in athletics
- Experience with basic computing software
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Attentive to details, well-organized, able to work independently, able to develop and implement short and long-range plans to meet association needs
Dates of Internship*:
- Fall: September - December
- Winter: January - March
- Spring: March - May
*Starting and ending dates will vary from intern-to-intern
The internship program offers a variety of on-site experiences of many WIAA events.
- Fall State Championships
- Winter State Championships
- Spring State Championships
- Hall of Fame Induction Luncheon
- WIAA Coaches School
- One page cover letter
- Resume (two page maximum)
- Three references
Submit Information to:
Sports and Activities Information Director
435 Main Avenue South
Renton, WA 98057